SAY Media Education offers Film Training through SACE accredited short courses suitable for Continuous Professional Teacher Development as well as a National Certificate in Film and Television Production with Forward Fund Academy.
The training courses and programmes generally run alongside and enhance the value of the film projects we run.
SHORT COURSES FOR LEARNER & TEACHER DEVELOPMENT:
- 01 Writing for the Screen
- 02 The Language of Film
- 03 Camera & Sound Recording
- 04 How to Film a School Event
- 05 Basic Video Editing
- 06 Digital Content Distribution
- 07 Running a Film Club & Writing Reviews
- 08 Leading a Creative Team (in development)
Each of these short course has a value of 5 CPTD points and all seven courses fit together for a full programme worth 35 CPTD points (excluding course #08 which is awaiting accreditation.)
SHORT COURSES FOR WORKER EDUCATION:
- Film Clubs for Social Change is an online course we are developing with IFWEA (the International Federation of Workers Education Associations) for grass roots leadership development for organisations and communities. This will be available from end of 2018.
YEAR LONG COURSES IN FILM & TELEVISION:
- National Certificate in Film & Television Production is a one year course offered at FORWARD FUND ACADEMY in Fish Hoek/Sunnydale in Cape Town. The course is run by SAY Media Education and funded by Forward Fund and has 25 students on the programme. The focus is to offer media training to benefit people from the communities of Masiphumelele and Ocean View in the Southern Peninsula. The NQF level 5 course is accredited with SAQA and MICTseta.