The South African Youth International Film Festival (SAYIFF) was first hosted in Nelson Mandela Bay in 2010. The vision behind the SAYIFF was to create a ‘watering hole’ for young emerging creative talent in South Africa to gather to CELEBRATE their film & media creations, DEVELOP SKILLS through workshops, and KNOWLEDGE through forums and panel discussions, INTERACT with film professionals and industry players, DISCOVER opportunities for tertiary education and internships.
Meeting together in a physical space is not always possible but in this age of digital connection we are able to create online spaces for engagement as well. So we are launching our online festival off through our Youtube channel and Facebook page on a small scale in November 2017 and see how it grow in the online space over the coming years.
We are inviting young filmmakers at high schools to submit their short films for inclusion in our online festival at the close of 2017.
We are looking for films that fit the following criteria:
- It must be an original story, written and directed by a High School Learner;
- It must have been filmed at your School in the last two years;
- It must have with a cast and crew made up of Learners from your school;
- All music used must be original, created specifically for your film;
- The Writer, Director and Producer must agree to have the film permanently included on the festival channel.
If all of the above applies to your film you can enter it into the festival by completing the form below AND then send your film to us via wetransfer.
Please contact us if you have any problems submitting your film.
NOTE: Entries CLOSE on 25 NOVEMBER 2017.